Swansea Development Funds
One grant programmes is currently open for applications:
- Swansea Change Fund Small Grants (£1,000 maximum)
Swansea Development Funds (SDF) will provide grants to support the work of voluntary and community groups in Swansea, strengthening their ability to contribute to
- local social and economic regeneration and
- the delivery of the community strategy (from April 2013, the Single Integrated Plan).
SDF aims to:
- Provide an accessible and flexible source of start up funding to small voluntary & community groups who may not be at the stage of making larger applications.
- Support voluntary and community groups that wish to test out new ideas and new approaches to local social and economic regeneration.
- Provide grant aid to support the development and growth of new and existing organisations increasing their capacity to deliver high quality services and projects.
- Encourage the involvement of communities and individuals who would otherwise be excluded, or exclude themselves, from current activities.
- Support projects that increase people's ability to become economically active including those that build skills and confidence.
Who can apply?
SDF will award grants to voluntary and community groups for activities, services and facilities for the benefit of people living in the City and County of Swansea.
All applicants must….
- Be self-governing, not profit distributing, be for community/public benefit and have an appropriate signed constitution/governing document/rules.
- Have a bank account with at least two signatories in the name of the organisation applying for the grant.
- Have in place (or can show that they are actively working towards) an effective equality policy.
- Have in place (or can show that they are actively working towards) an effective green or environmental policy.
- Have in place a policy for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults (where appropriate).
- Demonstrate sound financial management in particular for authorising and recording expenditure.
- Provide a set of their most recent financial accounts, signed as being audited or independently inspected (according to the level of the income and expenditure) or, in the case of recently formed organisations, a forecast of income and expenditure for the next year.
- Show evidence of local community support.
(Please contact Swansea CVS if you need help with any of the above.)
Click on the links on the left for further details and application pack.